Rosh Hashanah rainbow goldfish
According to tradition, having fish on the Rosh Hashanah table is an omen for blessings in the year to come. When the fish is served, many Jews recite a prayer expressing the wish “that we be fruitful and multiply like fish.”
There is additional symbolism in serving fish. Rosh Hashanah literally means the head of the year, and it is customary to serve fish with their heads on and to recite a blessing based on a verse in Deuteronomy: “May we be heads, not tails” — in other words, leaders rather than followers.
Now you can celebrate this tradition during dessert with our delicious rainbow goldfish! Bring them as a hostess gift or put them out during dessert at your own holiday dinner and watch them quickly disappear!
What you will get: A gift box with two dozen (24) mini rainbow goldfish.
When we will ship: For maximum freshness we will ship your order to arrive close to the holiday. If you need them earlier please let us know at checkout. For more details see the holiday shipping deadlines tab below.
- Our Ingredients >
- Product Dimensions >
- Our Packaging >
- Kosher Certification >
- Shipping Info >
- Custom Orders >
- Shipping Deadlines for Rosh Hashanah 2023 >
• Our treats are sculpted from marzipan, which contains almonds, which are tree nuts.
• Our marzipan contains sugar, almonds, water, preservative and approved food color. For detailed information about our ingredients please visit our Products FAQs page.
• Our treats are vegan and contain no gluten, but they are crafted in a commercial kitchen where they may come into contact with milk, eggs, wheat, sesame, seeds, corn, soy, peanuts and tree nuts.
• Our treats contain no corn syrup and are Passover friendly.
Each goldfish is approximately 1 3/8" (3½ cm) in diameter and 1/4" (6.4 mm) thick.
• We handle your treats with special care. The bites are sealed in sets of six in food-safe cellophane and then carefully packaged in a lovely gift box which we tie with a satin ribbon.
• A custom gift card can be included at no extra charge. Add your personal message in your cart when you check out.
We are pleased to announce that we have received kosher parve certification from the Chicago Rabbinical Council (cRc). For a copy of our letter of certification click here.
• Orders typically ship within one week after you place your order, but it can vary, especially if you are ordering for a holiday, a specific occasion or a custom order. If there are holiday deadlines they will be listed in the last tab on this page..
• If you are planning for a special occasion, or need your order by a specific date, please make a note of the date when you place your order so we can prepare and ship your treats accordingly.
• For detailed information about our shipping schedules and policies please visit our Shipping FAQs.
Contact us here if you need custom quantities or personalized designs.
REGULAR ground shipping: Order by Wednesday, September 6 for your treats to arrive prior to Friday, September 15, the eve of Rosh Hashanah.
EXPRESS shipping: Order by Monday, September 11, for your treats to arrive prior to Friday, September 15, the eve of Rosh Hashanah. If necessary we will send you an invoice for any additional cost which should be paid upon receipt. Thank you!
• These are U.S. deadlines. If you are outside the U.S. please contact us before you place your order.
• If you need your treats earlier please indicate when you place your order. Thank you!